Community Development Loan Officer
Community Development Loan Officer Overview:
Established in 1979, CLIMB Fund invests in microenterprise for maximum community benefit. As a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we leverage capital to create local impact, elevate opportunity, and advance social and economic justice. CLIMB Fund gives rise to equity and opportunity, helping communities reach new heights. We seek a Community Development Loan Officer to join our growing team.
The Community Development Loan Officer is responsible for assisting prospective small business borrowers with their commercial lending needs, being a resource of information for small business owners, and building stronger relationships in the banking, business, and economic development community. The Loan Officer will identify key community stakeholders to find opportunities in target markets.
- Interview prospective borrowers and applications to determine their needs.
- Obtain all applicable financial and other relevant documentation to make informed credit decisions.
- Perform credit analysis and collateral evaluation.
- Structure and negotiate terms, create and present loan proposals to the CLIMB Fund credit committee and steward the transaction through the closing process.
- Work with community leaders and banks at business development activities, creating a referral network.
- Interact with Board members and attend monthly meetings; present information, as needed.
- Work with the Intake Specialist and the Closing Coordinators, provide excellent service by managing expectations through good communication and timely loan closings.
- Understand and adhere to internal loan policies.
- Volunteers for various community events representing CLIMB Fund.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Resides in South Carolina and has strong community ties.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in small business lending, underwriting, commercial banking, business, or community development finance.
- A strong background of underwriting and understanding of financial analysis, cash flow analysis, and collateral evaluation.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills as well as a high level of attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one-on-one as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to work effectively with community-based organizations, banks, CPAs, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and public sector administrators.
- Impeccable personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of borrower data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Public speaking skills to present information to small and large groups.
- Experience/knowledge of South Carolina businesses and geography.
- Eager to invest time in meaningful opportunities, work within diverse communities, and engage in continued learning.
- Salary to commensurate with experience, ranging $60,000 - $70,000.
- Generous retirement plan match.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- 20+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year, including holidays, and a flexible schedule.
CLIMB Fund is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to every individual being entitled to equal employment opportunity. Applications are welcomed and strongly encouraged from people of all races, ethnicities, economic backgrounds, gender identities, faiths, & immigrant communities.
YES, THIS MEANS YOU!
We’ve read the research and we know that some folks might read our post and think “Oh, gee, well I only have nine out of ten qualifications.” If our mission and this job speak to you and you have the interest and ability to work smart, learn, and grow with us, then we want you to apply for this job. Even if this is not the exact opportunity for you, we want to know about you and keep you in mind for future posts. Please email your cover letter and resume to Cindi Rourk, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.